By Donald Forrester
This ebook provides unique examine outlining the major parts in responding to parental misuse of substances and alcohol.
- Offers a definition of “misuse” and “addiction” and the standards that impression the character of misuse or addiction
- Reviews largely the character and impression of parental substance misuse on teenagers and households utilizing the newest evidence
- Explores how study and theories can help tell execs or non-professionals assessing households tormented by mom and dad who misuse medications or alcohol
- Provides an in-depth dialogue of Motivational Interviewing, together with a serious dialogue of the demanding situations and obstacles considering utilizing it in baby and relations settings
- Considers the broader implications of the findings for perform and coverage and argues that those responses can be utilized around the box of labor with susceptible teenagers and their families
Read or Download Parents Who Misuse Drugs and Alcohol: Effective Interventions in Social Work and Child Protection (Wiley Child Protection & Policy Series) PDF
Similar Addiction Recovery books
Garnering an enormous quantity of realization from youngsters and oldsters, and from booklet dealers around the kingdom, Smashed grew to become a media sensation and a brand new York instances bestseller. Eye-opening and completely gripping, Koren Zailckas’s tale is that of millions of ladies like her who're now not alcoholics—yet—but who sometimes use booze as a shortcut to braveness and a stand-in for common sense.
This ebook brings jointly a collection of papers, many which develop out of shows at a convention in Oxford in 2009 on dependancy and strength of mind, through a suite of thinkers who're united in believing that figuring out service provider and screw ups of business enterprise calls for engagement with the easiest technology. The papers it collects makes an attempt to light up the mechanisms eager about habit and thereby to appreciate to what measure and in what methods activities pushed through dependancy are managed by means of the agent, show his or her will or values, and the level to which addicts are liable for what they do.
Regardless of overwhelming facts of tobacco's destructive results and strain from anti-smoking advocates, present surveys express that approximately one-quarter of all adults within the usa are people who smoke. This viewers is the objective for a wave of tobacco items and prescribed drugs that declare to maintain tobacco excitement whereas lowering its poisonous results.
Anorexia and bulimia are at the elevate within the Western international and the disorder is now known to now not be just a challenge for teenage ladies, yet older girls besides. so much older girls both do now or did formerly dwell with a accomplice and masses recognition has been paid to those relationships in devising healing regimes.
Extra resources for Parents Who Misuse Drugs and Alcohol: Effective Interventions in Social Work and Child Protection (Wiley Child Protection & Policy Series)